The Crystal Ice Figure Skating Club relies on volunteers in every aspect of our organization. While we have set a minimum requirement for volunteer hours, we are so appreciative of those that exceed those requirements. Without the support and commitment of our volunteers, many club events would not be possible. Even if your skater isn’t involved in a particular event, yet, we want to maintain opportunities for when skaters are eligible.
We have several volunteer positions opening as we prepare for a large graduating senior class this upcoming season. Committing to one of the positions below would involve working with the current volunteer for this season to learn the role, and then taking over the position during the 2024-2025 season. If you have any questions about what the position entails, please reach out to the current coordinator. Filling any one of these positions will fulfill your 5 (or 9 for multiple skaters) volunteer hours. This would not include your test session, HS team, or Ice Show hours required (if your skater participates).
- High School Competition Coordinator (October-December) Current Coordinator- Jill Przekurat email@example.com (fulfills your required 2 hours for HS Team)
- High School Team Billing (September-March) Current Coordinator- Terrie Tauferner firstname.lastname@example.org (fulfills your required 2 hours for HS Team)
- Rink Monitor Coordinator & Scheduling (this job is a year round) Current Coordinator- Tieoni Riley email@example.com
- Riverfront Rendezvous Soda Stand Coordinators (April-July) We have 2 coordinators for this position, we need to fill 1. Current Coordinators are Jen Lindsey and Terrie Tauferner- firstname.lastname@example.org
- 50/50 Raffle Coordinator (Ice Show Weekend) We would like to increase this from two coordinators to four. So we are looking for four people total. Current Coordinators- Terrie and Ryan Tauferner email@example.com (fulfills your required Ice Show Hours)
- Ice Show Yard Sign Coordinator (March-April) Current Coordinator- Tieoni Riley firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your consideration,
You should have received an email with the following information.
Continue reading “Summer Ice 2023: Information / Invoices”
- Please check your email for your invoice. Payment is due on or before 6/4/2023. Checks can be made payable to CIFSC. Payments can be mailed to Melissa Fletcher at 5439 Pinewood Dr, Stevens Point, WI 54482, or brought to the rink on June 4th and handed to Melissa. Skaters who do not have their invoice paid in full, will not be allowed to take to the ice. A $50 late fee will be applied for payments received after June 4th.
- The summer ice schedule can be viewed here. Please note that this also includes rink monitor assignments. It will also be posted on the club website (https://cifsc.net/) within the next week.
- The Rink Monitor Duties for Ice Hawks are attached. They are also on the club website (https://cifsc.net/). Any no show rink monitor shifts will result in a $20 fee. If you need to switch your shift, you’re responsible for finding a replacement, as well as reporting the change to the Rink Monitor Coordinator, Tieoni Riley at email@example.com. If you have any questions on how to rink monitor at the Ice Hawks rink, please contact Tieoni prior to the night of your shift.
- Walk-on details for Ice Hawks is attached. As a Club or Associate Member, you have the option to walk-on any available dates for the fee of $15 per 60 minutes or $12 per 45 minutes. Please check with the rink monitor for availability and make payment to the rink monitor BEFORE entering the ice. If you know you will be absent, please contact Tieoni Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ons will be allowed for late or no show skaters. Be sure to visit the club website for the most current schedule. There will be no lock-in options and will be on a first come basis.
If you have any questions about these opportunities please reach out to the hosting club.
Our Club (the GGBFSC) is hosting a Summer Camp July 10-14, with a test session on the 15th.
Continue reading “Green Bay FSC: Summer Camp (July 10-14, 2023)”
Registration for summer ice closes at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, May 10th.
Two packages have been added for Tuesday, June 13th. If you would like to edit your response and add that date, feel free.
We are no longer enrolling new members for this season, so if you are not a current member, you are not eligible to sign up for our June-August ice. (If you are receiving this email, you are a current member. If this email was forwarded to you by someone else, you are not a current member).
Please read all other directions on this form carefully.
Please read the directions before registering your skater.
- ONLY CURRENT MEMBERS CAN SIGN UP, SKATERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SKATE AFTER JUNE 30th.
- Type your skater’s full name as the ‘answer’ for each date you are registering for (registration is ala carte, you can skate as much or as little as you would like)
- Fill out a separate form for each skater in your family
- Make sure you contact your skater’s coach to make sure they are registering for the appropriate level and coaching is available
- Once the final schedule is released, no changes will be made
- Club members will be assigned rink monitor duties. They look different at Ice Hawks, expectations will be shared
- Bills will be sent by the treasurer once the schedule is set (Some packages may be cancelled due to low interest. You will be contacted if a package you selected is being cancelled).
- Do not send payment until you are billed
- Unpaid bills = your skater’s registration will be void. Their spot will not be held!
- Walk-on options are only available to skaters registered for at least one session. Each package is capped at 15 skaters.
SUMMER ICE REGISTRATION FORM
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MAY 10
Please use this link to view and purchase pictures from Ice Show Weekend. Thank you to Nick Lindsey for capturing these amazing images of our skaters.
THANK YOU to our volunteers for stepping up and filling those slots. Below are a list of volunteers. If you are unsure what your role entails, email me and I will give you a rundown.
Continue reading “Ice Show 2023: Volunteer List / Information”
All volunteers, please pick a name tag up from the ticket table on the West end of the building. This is how we will track volunteer attendance. If your partner hasn’t shown up, please let a board member know and we will help you out.
This is a reminder that HS payments are due by Wednesday March 29th. If able, it would be a great time tomorrow since all skaters will be at the rink for opening number practice to turn in your payment.
Reminder that if payment is not received on or before Wednesday March 29th, skaters will not be allowed to take part in the ice show.
If questions, let me know.