Order forms and money are due this Sunday, October 24th, by 6:00 p.m. Please place your order form and one check (made out to CIFSC) in an envelope and place it in the CIFSC drop box located inside the rink.
IMAGINATE AND SKATE – MAKE BELIEVE ON ICE
- APRIL 9TH 2PM AND 7PM
- APRIL 10TH 2PM
Ice Show Tryout are coming up quick on November 14th Noon-3:00
All Club skaters will receive an email next week with information on how to register your skater online. Registration for Ice show Tryouts will be open from November 1st – November 12th.
Please see additional information below regarding Ice Show Tryouts. If you are unsure if your skater is ready to tryout, reach out to your private coach for additional guidance. If you are not planning on trying out this year, you are always welcome to come and watch to get an idea of what tryouts are all about.Continue reading “2022 Ice Show Information”
The city has locked the LiveBarn cameras during club ice.Continue reading “LiveBarn Access Locked”
Bear with me as I go over some club updates. There are quite a few.
- Butterbraid Fundraiser– order forms and money are due this Sunday, October 24th, by 6:00 p.m. Please place your order form and one check (made out to CIFSC) in an envelope and place it in the CIFSC drop box located inside the rink.
- 2021 Holiday Parade – Is your skater interested in walking in the City of Stevens Point Holiday Parade? I am gauging interest. The parade is Wednesday, November 17 at 6:00 p.m. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 27th if your skater would like to participate.
- Ice Show 2022 – The city has changed the date of the ice show to April 9 and 10.
- Ice Show Tryouts – The club will be holding ice show tryouts on Sunday, November 14th from 12:00-3:00. See specific tryout information below.
- CIFSC Test Session & Home Highschool Competition – Saturday, December 11th. Volunteers will be needed, please watch your email for sign-up opportunities.
- Ice Show Pictures – Ice show pictures will be taken on Saturday, February 26th between 10:00-3:00. A schedule will come out closer to that date.
The following changes have been made to Thursday’s package ice schedule.
- 12/2 has been changed to 12/1 from 7:30 – 8:30p.m
- 1/20 will move up an hour from 4:45 – 5:45p.m
Always check the rink monitor schedule for the latest or most current schedule.
We have had some concerns about the following policies. Please talk with your skater about these expectations.
- NO CELLPHONES ON THE ICE. Music needs to be played by the monitors. Any notes your skater may have, must be read off ice. Videos need to be taken by someone off ice or by the skater’s coach. We need their full attention on the skaters around them.
- Skaters need a scarf or sash while skating to their music. This makes them visible to the other skaters as the soloist with the right of way. Please make sure your skater has a sash/scarf to use on the ice. Rink monitors, if skaters do not have a scarf/sash, they forfeit their turn to skate. They are welcome to borrow from another skater, if needed.
- Rink Monitors need to be announcing skaters over the microphone before playing their music. Again, this is another safety measure so other skaters know who has the right of way.
- Skaters should move out of the way of a soloist skating to their music. Be aware of where the soloist is and give them space for their routine
We ask rink monitors to talk with skaters, when needed, regarding the above policies. All of these expectations were covered at the membership meeting by our coaches. This is also covered in the skater code of conduct.
We have had one package date change. Thursday evening package on December 16th has been cancelled and moved to Tuesday, December 14th. The time will remain the same 5:45 – 6:45.
Money is due to Cari by October 24th. Please write one check out to CIFSC for your entire order. You can drop your order form and payment into the CIFSC box inside the Willet.
They will be available for pick-up at the rink on Sunday, October 10 at 4:00. If your order was a gift and you don’t want your skater to see it, please email Cari and let her know. email@example.com
We have recently had some questions about if skaters should come to the rink or stay home. The club is following the guidance of the CDC and the DHS. See below for guidance from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. I understand that some of the guidelines are hard to navigate. We ask families to make the safest decision possible.Continue reading “COVID Update / Questions”