We have had some concerns about the following policies. Please talk with your skater about these expectations.
- NO CELLPHONES ON THE ICE. Music needs to be played by the monitors. Any notes your skater may have, must be read off ice. Videos need to be taken by someone off ice or by the skater’s coach. We need their full attention on the skaters around them.
- Skaters need a scarf or sash while skating to their music. This makes them visible to the other skaters as the soloist with the right of way. Please make sure your skater has a sash/scarf to use on the ice. Rink monitors, if skaters do not have a scarf/sash, they forfeit their turn to skate. They are welcome to borrow from another skater, if needed.
- Rink Monitors need to be announcing skaters over the microphone before playing their music. Again, this is another safety measure so other skaters know who has the right of way.
- Skaters should move out of the way of a soloist skating to their music. Be aware of where the soloist is and give them space for their routine
We ask rink monitors to talk with skaters, when needed, regarding the above policies. All of these expectations were covered at the membership meeting by our coaches. This is also covered in the skater code of conduct.
We have recently had some questions about if skaters should come to the rink or stay home. The club is following the guidance of the CDC and the DHS. See below for guidance from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. I understand that some of the guidelines are hard to navigate. We ask families to make the safest decision possible.
Continue reading “COVID Update / Questions”
The following changes have been made to Thursday’s package ice schedule.
- 12/2 has been changed to 12/1 from 7:30 – 8:30p.m
- 1/20 will move up an hour from 4:45 – 5:45p.m
Always check the rink monitor schedule for the latest or most current schedule.
We have had one package date change. Thursday evening package on December 16th has been cancelled and moved to Tuesday, December 14th. The time will remain the same 5:45-6:45.
Money is due to Cari by October 24th. Please write one check out to CIFSC for your entire order. You can drop your order form and payment into the CIFSC box inside the Willet.
They will be available for pick-up at the rink on Sunday, October 10 at 4:00. If your order was a gift and you don’t want your skater to see it, please email Cari and let her know. email@example.com
CIFSC package ice will begin on Sunday, September 26. We will not be altering the rink monitor schedule. Dates will stay as they are. Credits will be issued for canceled ice time. If your bill was paid in full, you will receive a refund.
Continue reading “Package Ice to begin 9/26”
We just received notification from the Willet that our synchro and package ice is delayed due to a mechanical issue with the Zamboni. Right now we are projecting a start date of September 26th.
The Synchronized Skating Committee is looking for new members! There are tasks available on this committee that can count towards your required volunteer hours. This committee meets, as needed, via Zoom. If you have specific questions about this committee or are willing to join, please email Melissa Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our club relies on our dedicated volunteers. Please consider offering your time and talents to our skaters.
Our 2021-2022 Package Ice begins next Sunday, September 19th. Please review the Rink Monitor Schedule. The most current schedule will be posted on our website.
Continue reading “2021-22 Package Ice – Begins next Sunday (9/19)”